What is Gas Trouble?
Millions of people around the world are suffering from Gas Trouble. It is not a disease but can be a symptom. So never ignore and get it diagnosed by a qualified physician.
Gas trouble – An uncomfortable feeling
Doctors more often come across patients complaining of uneasiness caused due to air being filled in the stomach. Initially, any problem related to stomach is often considered to be caused because of gas formation. Symptoms may be different in different people. Feeling like the stomach being protruded, un-easyness due to protruded stomach, burning sensation, chest pain, back pain, suffocation are some of the common symptoms found.
Reasons For the Gas Trouble
Generally it is due to indigestion but sometimes severe problems inside the stomach can result in gas trouble. Diagnosis is normally conducted based on factors such as the occurring frequency, duration of uneasiness, and any such stomach related problems.
- Ulcer is one such serious defect which causes gastric trouble. The problem if ignored saying “it is because of gas,” could turn complicated resulting in bleeding and intestinal breakage.
- Long term gastric trouble could be due to the problems in esophagus. If not diagnosed and treated in time, the ulcer could turn cancerous.
- Gas formation is normal for most intestinal malfunctions. But some diseases shows multiple symptoms, and some of these symptoms signifies the presence of multiple disorders. For example, gastro-intestinal cancer shows its signs only when it turns severe. In this case the initial sympoms normally gets ignored considering gas formation due to indigestion.
- Normally a patient suffering from gas trouble, will be having problem in esophagus, intestine or duodenum. Excess acid formation in stomach, thinning of tissues that resist the formation of digestive juices or acid entering the esophagus are also reasons for gas formation.
- Faulty bowel movement also causes gas trouble. Erosive and non erosive gastro-esophageal reflex disease, hiatus hernia, gastritis, duodenitis and gastric ulcer causes gas formation and is the most visible symptom in these cases.
- Gas trouble sometimes evolve from gall bladder or pancreas. These glands have effective participation in the digestion process. Chronic cholesystitis and chronic pancreatitis are the diseases which normally infect these glands. Along with these diseases stone formations are normally found in these glands.
- Indigestion is also a reason. When things like annagen which is difficult to digest, increases out of proportion in the intestines, causes gas trouble. When blocks appear in the small and large intestines this symptom is shown in the initial stages. Apart from all these causes gas trouble can be caused due to the defect in other organs of the body. Defect in heart, lungs, kidney, lever and endocrine glands also create such symptoms. Problems occurred due to mental disorders, immunity deficiency and epidemic are sometimes miscounted as gas trouble.
How to Control Gas Trouble?
Through healthy life style, gas and the problems that create gas can be avoided.
Eat in regular intervals, moderate consumption, eat fresh, eat nutritious food and eat lot of vegetables. Eating spicy or sour foods should be minimised or completely avoided. Excess consumption of onions, tomatoes, chocolates, tea, coffee etc are not good for the health. Do not leave the stomach empty for longer duration. It increases acidity and thereby affect digestion process. Also “Filling the gap,” while eating later must be avoided.
Cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, tension, excess work load and depression causes problems in stomach. These things should be taken care off.
Avoid Smoking and Drinking
Antacid tablets obtained from medical stores, provide temporary cure for gas trouble. It nuetralizes the acids in your stomach bringing a relief.
But remember that the antacids cannot cure the actual problem. It only offer a temporary relief. So never ignore gas trouble saying it is just gas after all.
Gas trouble is also found in children. A proper diagnosis must be conducted if they often complaint about it.
Exercise Regularly For a Healthy Life
Exercise is the natural way to get rid of gastric trouble caused due to indigestion. Intestinal malfunctions are generally found in those individuals who works in offices spending most of their time sitting on a chair. Physical activities are required and so better keep your body fit to avoid such discomforts.